Thursday, February 24, 2005

Elbert Ventura fails to deliver

The New Republic Online: Best in Show

This article has got to be one of the very worst pieces of foul poop that ever droped from the sky on to paper. What was he thinking he was living up to his name Elbert Ventura. Read this

A legacy of bad choices and a process marred by money make the Oscars an easy target for cynics. But the stubborn fact is that there is room for them. Bloated and frequently laughable, the Oscars are predicated on the grand vision of a timeless form arising from an indifferent business: the dream of movies as a mass art. In an increasingly fractured media age, the promise of movies--good movies--as a force for uniting the culture is a powerful thing. That the Academy all too often confuses the art of movies with the business of making and marketing them is perhaps to be expected. However, it doesn't make our annual disappointment any less keen. Alas, it is also never enough to make me stop watching--and hoping.

Ack he makes me nearly gag on simple printed words I cannot belive I have this feeling - eeew it is so strange.. I just want to run screaming "Stop get his words out of my head please!!!!" His hope Elbert's sincere hope is that we will watch the Academy Awards - it is so unbelieveable this is the proof that the actuality of the Academy Awards is borne of flatulence and is as meaningful.

I beg to differ with him I do not live in "an increasingly fractured media age" I can imaging having one and needing a cast and maybe a bottle of pain pills - which is what I would need if any photon of light that was cast from a tv set showing the Academy awards strikes my cornea.

He can expect anything he wants - that don't mean he gonna get it - especially confusion - I can see clearly when film is marketed it is on a poster or on a trailer or stenciled on cleavage in a sports bar. What is his point? Why write that many words and not have said anything?

EEEEEEEElbert! Ack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.